View Single Post
Unread 01/02/2018, 09:46 PM   #1
KarenLR75
Registered Member

Aquascaping/Rock/Glue Questions

I'm not the aqua-scaper of our tank so I have a very stupid question(s) to ask...what do most of you use to glue rock work together...super glue?

Also, despite what you use, have you had INCREDIBLE difficulty trying to AUGMENT your aqua-scape once you've filled your tank and then realized you need to create move caves/hidey-holes?

My logical side says "of course it's more difficult as initial 'scape' was done and 'cured' together in a dry tank until we added water. We had no livestock nor sand in the tank to worry about when we re-positioned something.

We could pull the rocks out of the tank in order to 'line up' anything we wanted to add in terms of height, stackability, fit, etc.

I've heard of others having a bit of struggle trying to create caves/hidey holes after the fact and was wondering if there were any tips that helped you in this situation. I do think we need to let new pieces 'cure/dry' longer than 30 minutes but I honestly don't remember.

Last edited by KarenLR75; 01/06/2018 at 08:30 PM. Reason: worded sentence incorrectly
KarenLR75 is offline   Reply With Quote