View Single Post
Unread 01/10/2018, 04:45 PM   #4997
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace6090 View Post
Hey guys need some help! I had two original Hydra's 12" over a 40 Breeder using the AB+ scheduled I posted months a while ago. I then upgraded tanks to an 80 gallon about 6 months ago. When upgrading I added 4 T5's (Coral+, Blue+, Purple+ and AquaBlue+) and turned down the intensity on the Hyrda's. Recently pucks on the Hydra's died so AI upgraded me to Hydra52HD's. I used the AB+ w/T5's posted by Orcus and put them on a one month acclimation at 80%. Currently I am about 1/2 way through the acclimation and have lost about 5 acros. I have an Apex PMK and the PAR read 220PAR (@80% acclimation, same as before the upgrade) and now 240PAR. I chose the 80% acclimation due to the PAR readings in the tank before the upgrade. Since the upgrade PAR has only changed by 20-40 and I am losing SPS left and right. I am not however losing any LPS.

I am not sure why so many corals are dying with only a 20-40 PAR change. The 4xT5's are 12" from the water with the two Hydra52HD's in the middle of T5's.

Water Parameters are stable:
KH: 9
Ca: 450
Mg: 1350
NO3: minimal
PO4: minimal
I have a healthy sump, healthy fish and run the skimmer 24/7 except 2 hours after feeding each day.

Any help would be appreciated!

By looking at your readings I would lean toward high dKH mixed with low nutrients being your issue. Bring your dKH down to 6.5-7.5 and I am willing to bet your sps will perk right back up. As for the schedule this is my most recent update that I have been using with my t5 hydra 52hd setup https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akco_cmvvLNrgbR_ANB21Ae2kfN0Ag . My tank receives 200-300 par throughout with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orcus Varuna is offline   Reply With Quote