View Single Post
Unread 01/05/2008, 06:34 PM   #1
Sandeep
Registered Member

Fragged my Elegance Coral

I decided to take the bold move and frag one of my Elegance corals. Since I have a 20 gallon tank space is a premium and I have two of these beauties. The one I fragged was an aussie with a cone shaped skeleton like the indo versions. It's been quite healthy and eating well so I decided to give it a try.

Since I don't have a dremmel tool, I used a fine saw to cut the bone and a box cutter knife to cut the flesh. The cone skeleton from it's tip diverged into three cone shaped heads, so I decided to cut along those lines and create three frags.

This is what it looked like a couple of weeks ago before fragging.

After cutting them last night this is what the three major frags look like one day later (the ones on the tank floor).

And here are closeups of each of the three new frags.

Hopefully they can heal up nicely without getting any infection, I will feed them mysis shrimp to build up their strength.

When cutting with the saw, I also inadvertantly ended up with one tiny frag which has a few tenticles on it. I don't think this frag has a mouth, but I'm wondering will it survive and regenerate a mouth like mushrooms do?