View Single Post
Unread 02/24/2012, 02:49 PM   #25
salty55
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfrost View Post
I don't mean to hijack this thread but what disadvantages would there be if the fuge drained directly into the display?
I have yet to find a disadvantage of this design. My fuge is mainly for pod cultivation to feed my dragonet and corals. I keep a ball of chaeto in a dedicated area of my sump for filtration. Tank water goes through this, then the skimmer, then into the return pump manifold. So i get "clean" water into my display fuge. I get virtually no detritus buildup in the fuge this way. What little that does make it in there is easily consumed by the fauna that live in there. Thereby feeding them and completing the cycle of things. And by the fuge gravity feeding into the display i have more success in getting live pods of all sizes into my display tank without them getting chopped up by a pump impeler. So far it has worked out great. I have two pod depended fishes in my tank that are so fat they look as if they are going to pop!

Current Tank Info: 75 gallon display, 20 gallon sump, 20 gallon display fuge, vertex IN100 skimmer, apex, tunze 6055x2, tlc kalkreactor/phosreactor, APEX controlled LED
salty55 is offline   Reply With Quote