View Single Post
Unread 09/22/2010, 07:55 PM   #74
MarlinHooker
Registered Member

no pics yet as I'm still assembling everything but after seeing Rupes Reef orginial system a few months back I decided to copy the basic setup with a few mods ... My RO/DI system is connected to the HP cold water line underneath the sink in my ultility rm. This utility rm shares a common wall with a storage room off my garage so I ran the output line from my RO/DI out the back of the sink cabinet, behind the washer/dryer in the utlity room & thu the wall into the storage room where I will have a 75g RO/DI storage tank & a 25g saltwater mixing tank. RO/DI enters into the 75g tank from my RO/DI system & then using the same setup of valves & plumbing I'm able to mix up 25g of saltwater at a time. I'll only be diong 15-20g water changes (my tank is a 150).

I haven't decided yet exactly how I'll execute water changes but I'm leaning toward the same method as already posted with 2 small tanks on some sort of cart to wheel over to the tank - do the change & then wheel away.

Got my tanks from Plastic-mart ... the 75g tank should arrive in the next week so once I plump the system I'll try & remember to post some pics ....

great thread idea BTW ...

Current Tank Info: 150 mixed reef
MarlinHooker is offline   Reply With Quote