View Single Post
Unread 09/21/2009, 01:12 PM   #7
dendronepthya
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ctenophore
Nice work on the improvements. Did you consider geothermal for the radiant floor heat source? If so, why did you opt for gas?
I did consider it. I'm still considering it actually. We went with gas out of convenience. We had a gas line already from the old furnace system, and the plumbing professionals in our area had lots of experience installing radiant floor systems.

I really like the idea of using a geothermal heat pump but I just haven't seen personally the best way to implement it. I think it would be a great system to run in conjunction with what I have now in case there is a failure of some kind again. Having a separate redundant system would be nice.

Quote:
Originally posted by ctenophore
Did/do you use any shade cloth? If so, did you use aluminet and find it to help with temperature control from infrared reflection at night?
We use white shade cloths. Aluminet sounds very interesting. Anything to help keep the greenhouse warm in the winter is a welcome addition. It seems to be a fairly inexpensive tweak too relatively speaking.

I read your greenhouse thread. You've done a great job with it. I am surprised you are not having trouble with the light intensity you are allowing in. 1200 is a ton. I have some corals that react poorly to much less light than that which makes me wonder if my issues are water chemistry-related rather than light related.

Current Tank Info: 5000-gallon greenhouse system
dendronepthya is offline   Reply With Quote