View Single Post
Unread 04/11/2006, 09:09 PM   #18
surfnvb7
Premium Member

"an eye on your alk" Reefjunkie, what do you mean by that exactly? Just keeping it stable? or a high or low preference? i keep my dkH somewhat stable from 8-10 in a given week, i usually bump it back up to 10 every weekend.

Fcwham - right, i know solid continuous matts can be misleading. but i thought the defining characteristic of the palythoa, was the polyps are actually embeded in the matt/coenenchyme? as you can see, the pinks that i took pics of, do not have any stalk to speak, its not that they are small, they just dont exist.

correct me if i'm wrong on this, but with all zoanthids/protopalys, if you place them in light deficient area, they will extend their stalks longer, so the face of the polyp has a better chance of reaching the light? palythoa cannot do this b/c the polyps are actually embeded into the coenenchyme, correct?

i tried to blow on them harder, but they just werent cooperating. after the lights go out, the polyps completely disapear into the coenenchyme, you could run your finger over it and it would be a continuous flat surface (for the most part). not sure about the "roughness" though. I've tried to leave these guys alone after they lost their green centers

Richmond Reef Club

GO HOKIES!!

Current Tank Info: 50g cube w/ 20g sump; 10g nano w/ mantis
surfnvb7 is offline   Reply With Quote