View Single Post
Unread 03/26/2013, 07:59 PM   #44
psykobowler
Registered Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan zemanek View Post
In a few years It will be fun to watch all the LED guys and gals talk about what kinds of issues they are having with their corals. I can see it now they will be buying new skimmers, throwing all kinds of snake oils in their tanks only to come and realize that their corals have died because the LED's have in fact worn out. Of course by then that will be the last thing they will have thought of because everybody has bought into the "LED's last forever mentality".
Plus one man. Exactly what I am thinking. People should be in the hobby to provide the best scenarios to keep their sps healthy most importantly. I've had bad experiences in my past trying to cut the wrong cost. I feel the same way with LED. I think it would be better with either metal halide with LED supplementation or T5 with LED in the middle. There is no risk of losing corals from lack of light spectrum with these 2 options.

Current Tank Info: 300g & 90g display, 90g fragtank, 34g fuge, 120g sump1 w/ RO Xp-5000, 20g sump2 , 5 (2x54wattT5 retrofits) 3 radion xr15pros, 5mp60s, 4tunze6255s, Apex, WXM, KnopCaRx, Avast KalkRx
psykobowler is offline   Reply With Quote