View Single Post
Unread 06/02/2016, 05:39 PM   #1505
reefmutt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemodan View Post
......Thanks, Daniel. I appreciate you looking in and I sincerely hope your tank turns around soon! As they say here in French Canada, 'lache pas!!' Don't give up!!.......

Matt..... I did not give it up yet. If I got it once, why not twice. It will be just depressing to continually updated my thread with dead coral. Today I lost one of my SSC small colonies.

Sooner , at least for my records and memories I will have to write something in my thread.

Positive : still some of the old colonies are fighting and doing well. Not all is lost.

Best !!!
Daniel
I'm happy to hear some things are doing ok. Is it mostly the older stuff struggling, or are newer pieces struggling as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangy View Post
I can understand where you're coming from but at the same time the way it all sits and mixes really draws your eye all around the tank Once they start to really crowd you might need to work some puzzle magic haha but for the moment it just looks amazing! Seriously stunning
Thanks, Dom. I appreciate it! I do always try to fill a colour void. If there is an area that has blue and green, for example, I always try to a red in the middle.. Doesn't always work out..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pife View Post
My tank is in the basement and I still have neighbors asking about my weird glow after 7 years. They will be shocked when my living room starts glowing in the next month or so.
Looking forward to your dt finally going up, Brandon! Any blue glow is a good glow..

So I figured I'd relay two bits of info..
One, I decided to add some true actinics back to my bulb combo. I haven't used actinics in a while but I really do like the look for dawn/dusk. It's much more mellow than blue+.. I'm now using 2 actinics for dawn/dusk, then two blue plus and two coral plus, then MH..
Actinics- 8:30a - 10:30p
Blue+/coral+ - 10:30a-9:30
Mh- 11a-7p
Leds are on from 7a-11p but only get to around 40% when the mh are on..
Still a fairly long photoperiod, I know but shorter than it used to be. And my mh are only 150w..
And two: since things have been so stable chemistry wise, I decided to start dosing some Micro E and Koralcolor.
I have started with 6 drops Micro E (half daily dose) and .8 ml Koralcolor (1/3 daily dose) each day..
The only overlap in these products is the manganese.. Tough to test that..
I also have a Triton test kit. I'm going to take a sample now and then again in a couple months of dosing..
We shall see if the new dosing makes any difference...
And just for full info disclosure. I have been dosing AF flourine (6drops a day) and Lugol's (2drops a day) for a few months now. I'd say I saw a bit of blue development on a couple corals but it wasn't dramatic.. I will continue at the same dose..
So, some random shots:
I think I posted this exact same shot a few weeks ago but this is a new one.

This guy has really grown. You can see below the new growth, the original frag. It's much darker..

Haven't posted this guy in a while..

The twins don't completely get along while encrusting..

Nice contrast or complement, I guess.

Wider shot..

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote