View Single Post
Unread 11/09/2017, 11:04 PM   #4
Hodad2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurCoralReef View Post
Maroon clownfish are a bit different they do have juvenile coloring so you can tell if they are juveniles or adults

Ok. I will have to look closely at a few pictures of maroons. Yes, I already knew that they were a pair, as I was saying in my previous post, because the male had already been showing signs of that the day I brought them home. Now, what I maybe didn’t say i guess is that I actually got them at a Petco and I know the woman that handles the aquatics dept. I told her that I was looking for the oldest PAIR of clowns if she had. She took me right to these guys. So it’s good possibility that they could be quite a bit older that just the usual standard amount of time. I’d say 18-24mos....yeah? Well we will see I guess. I’ll def keep u informed. And I don’t think Petco gets rid of their fish that have been there too long, they just don’t order more. No expensive real estate at Petco I’m afraid, haha. This is very interesting. I even have my rotifers stewing as we speak. I wanted to be practiced for that time, if it happens lol.
I guess maybe I should’ve asked, is there a way that you can tell that a female is carrying eggs/ready to spawn? BESIDES the cleaning of the clutch site...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hodad2 is offline   Reply With Quote