View Single Post
Unread 06/30/2016, 11:52 AM   #112
happyhourhero
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasmodes View Post
Thanks Zack.

I checked out your tank thread, beautiful tank! I couldn't find your blenny in there, but I didn't have a lot of time to check closely. Do you have any pics of your seaweed blenny?

Sorry to hear about your Florida blenny, bummer. I saw your pics of it, cool fish. They are very closely related to the striped blenny (C. bosquianus).

Question about those blennies, did you catch them in total salt water or brackish environments?
My wife actually cried when Jane died. I will try and get pics of Charlie the seaweed blenny. He is one of those that poses and then right when you are about to snap the pic he darts off. He is pretty much all black but will display a tan pattern at times. I also have a frillfin goby (Bathygobius soporator) that came from the same area. I named him hulk. He was smaller than my pinky when I caught him and now is about 4" long. Last time I added a peppermint shrimp he ate it within seconds.

An interesting observation about these local fish is they have started using the skunk cleaner shrimp's services. There are no cleaner shrimp species that I know of around here and I go collecting a lot. Both fish let the cleaner absolutely go to town on them. Mouth, gills, underside, etc.

I have not tested the SG at the collection site but I would imagine it is fairly close to NSW. I collect near the bridge that connects Gulf Breeze with Pensacola Beach on the attached map. The inlet from the gulf is close by and the freshwater source is over 20 miles away.

Current Tank Info: 65 gal mixed reef.
happyhourhero is offline   Reply With Quote