View Single Post
Unread 12/15/2017, 11:10 AM   #22
redlobstor
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef Guy 04 View Post
I would just like to share my recent, short lived, experience with Gracilaria Tikavhae "red ogo". About 2 weeks ago I put some in my cycling 20g long. I had 2 cheap 17w fluorescent fixtures to get me through the process until I upgraded. About 5 days ago, I found a deal on a pair of FathomLED's I couldn't resist and set them up. They are overkill (138w) for the size aquarium, so I'm only running them at 50% b/w at 12" above the surface. Until this point, the ogo was thriving and doubled in size. After 5 days of the new lighting, the red is fading quickly and it is covered with a film of small bubbles. It isn't a nutrient issue because parts not exposed to direct light are still doing well.
Also, I have green ogo and it is still doing well under the same lighting conditions.
I will probably move it to another bin cycling lr with less intense lighting to see if I can save it.
REEFGuy04,
Thanks for sharing your experience. I heard that red macros tend to like less light and your experience seems to support this. Do you have any other experiences with macros or seagrass that you would like to share?

Jason

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 75 Gallon mixed reef. Fish are a powder blue tang and a lightning filefish. Smokeless with some macros growing in the sump.
redlobstor is offline   Reply With Quote