View Single Post
Unread 12/22/2005, 02:31 PM   #2
Bebo77
Premium Nonpaying Member

Now that the tank has a new floor to stand on time to order the tank. James got the call from me because of all the great threads that i have read here on RC showing his work. I changed dimensions on the tank and James several times before eventually sticking with a tank that is 98" long 26" tall and 30" deep. This would give me a true 300 gallon tank. Thanks for being so patient James.

Ok tank is ordered now time to get it some shoes "a stand for all those not following" for the tank

I called a local shop SoCalCreations for help in building the steel stand and sump. The stand built by Randy is 40" tall and made if 1.5" steel tube that is powder coated black.

My sump was a real piece of work, it is 20" tall 27" wide and 50" long, roughly 125 gallons. I really put Steve over there at SoCal to the test when i gave him my final sketch.

As you can see the sump has a built in water change chamber, fuge, skimmer section and a "return area" this is an area where i can easily run carbon, filter pads ect. The water change area has a 27 gallon capacity. I pluged in a mag pump with a T to empty the chamber and also mix the new salt water when i want to do a water change.
This should make changing the water as easy as turning a ball valve and starting a pump.

Here are some pics of the sump after it was built. Steve did a great job. I highly reccomend them.

He even made me a platform form my Sanders ozone

and a stand for my Deltec.

I am waiting for the stand for the Barr it will be built the same way.

Current Tank Info: 300 Gal Envision Tank(98Lx30Wx26T) 120 Gal SoCalCreations Sump, Deltec TC2560, 2 LumenarcsMini 1 Reg on a light mover W Radiums 250& 400, Gallaxy ballasts, Red Dragon 10m3 return W/ 2 WavySeas, 2 6155 Tunze streams
Bebo77 is offline   Reply With Quote