View Single Post
Unread 12/08/2017, 08:31 AM   #276
jonasroman
Registered Member

Is it more with me that need to run these lamps on 100% "high output mode" and still not extremely much light? I have some corals (stylopora pistillate, pink) standing exact below a cluster with this 100% running effect, but still quite dark coral, and my N o P values are not high. I have no PAR meter, so I can not measure, so I wonder if there is some who have measured the PAR? I am not interested in PAR when all channels are in 100% as that is almost never the reality, but the PAR when you run a reasonable ordinary program like 100% on blue, maybe 30% white, not so much green, and maybe 100% on the others, thus a program which looks good and is mimic natural condition for most of us. My believe from start, as I added one unit more than recommended, was that my investment should give me some margins upwards. Maybe I am too critical, and all LED have these limits?, or something else in my tank cause these some dark corals despite so near the cluster? That is the reason why I am seeking PAR measure from some private aquarium so we can compare and learn the best settings. In other aspects I like the light.

/Jonas Roman

jonasroman is offline   Reply With Quote