View Single Post
Unread 12/08/2017, 12:50 PM   #278
ReefRockerLive
GHL Mitras LX7 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasroman View Post
Is it more with me that need to run these lamps on 100% "high output mode" and still not extremely much light? I have some corals (stylopora pistillate, pink) standing exact below a cluster with this 100% running effect, but still quite dark coral, and my N o P values are not high. I have no PAR meter, so I can not measure, so I wonder if there is some who have measured the PAR? I am not interested in PAR when all channels are in 100% as that is almost never the reality, but the PAR when you run a reasonable ordinary program like 100% on blue, maybe 30% white, not so much green, and maybe 100% on the others, thus a program which looks good and is mimic natural condition for most of us. My believe from start, as I added one unit more than recommended, was that my investment should give me some margins upwards. Maybe I am too critical, and all LED have these limits?, or something else in my tank cause these some dark corals despite so near the cluster? That is the reason why I am seeking PAR measure from some private aquarium so we can compare and learn the best settings. In other aspects I like the light.

/Jonas Roman
I'm with Sleif on this one. There's no need to run it at 100% all out. On my tank, I do have the LX7 set to 100% HO for the Energy Settings, but on the schedule itself, I don't push the intensity beyond 80%.

I think PAR numbers are grossly overrated and don't really tell us whether a coral is getting "enough" light or not. There are so many other variables to consider such as nutrient levels, flow, bacteria content, organic deposits, etc. I measured my PAR just for the heck of it and was getting between 170-210 on the sandbed with 2x LX7s over a 3ft long tank. If I were to test a single fixture, I'm sure it would have fallen to the mid 100s. PAR numbers used to heavily influence my LED color adjustments, but not anymore, especially after seeing how much my colors have improved under this light compared to my previous ATI Hybrid which threw out lots of PAR by the way, 300 at the sand!

My schedule is primarily on the bluer-end of the spectrum:
UV 385nm - 60%
HV 425nm - 100%
RB 455nm - 100%
BW - 100%
B 475nm - 80%
White 7500k - 40%
White 6500k - 18%
Green 528nm - 12%
Red 656nm - 12%

I run this spectrum for about 7 hours and have the PB feature set to 130% with HV, RB, B, BW.

It's been working well for me. I posted a few photos a couple pages back.

Current Tank Info: Rimless 67g | GHL Profilux 3.1T eX | 2x GHL Doser 2 dosers | 2xGHL Mitras LX7 LED | Abyzz a100 | Bubble King DC 150 | 2x Vortech MP40w QD | Fauna Marin Zeomatic 2.2ltr | Fauna Marin Zeolight System | Fauna Marin Balling Light Method
ReefRockerLive is offline   Reply With Quote