View Single Post
Unread 12/03/2017, 07:12 AM   #3
oldhead
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhead View Post

40 pounds of pukani cooking. I decided not to acid or bleach, so I set in some rodi water for two days. Had an old pond pump in there that was running hot and got the water up to 90 degrees. My son text me and said I think one of your homemade cheeses went bad when it started to stink. After two days I changed the water and added salt. Tested a few days later with a salifert kit and it read 0.5 phosphate. Let it go two more days and same reading. Dosed 5 mil of lanthanum chloride and tested this morning. Down to 0.1

My new rodi tub. I grabbed a humidifier float for a shutoff.

Here is the tank in place and the plumbing done. The wife didn’t want me to drill it so I have an auto top off relay with two floats to turn the pump and skimmer off so they don’t run dry incase the overflow stops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the the sump I made. It’s a 29 gallon tank. It’s a bit tall but I can get everything out without removing it. The center brace is removable on the stand. I went with 1 1/4” unions and valve with bushings to keep the id the same as the 1” pipe. The skimmer section was initially made for a bubble curve skimmer which had an 11” max water depth. I decided to go with a reef octopus. The center chamber is for my extra rock and cheato. Not sure if you can see the cheap work light clamped to the tank. I guess now it’s time to start making lots of water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldhead is offline   Reply With Quote