View Single Post
Unread 10/20/2014, 08:16 PM   #30
markalot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroovers View Post
Things look good to me! Sometimes I've found that pieces can go up in smoke for no apparent reason. As long as its an isolated incident, I wouldn't worry about it... if two, three or more pieces, and/or established pieces, starting following suit, then time to be concerned.
Thanks for the reassurance. I haven't lost a coral in so long it took effort not to freak out. I ran the gamut of tests and found a few issues.

Alk 9.6 -- this has been slowly creeping up from 9.1 over a week ago and my goal is 8.5 so I reduced the daily dose another 5ml for both 2 parts. I measured 9.3 yesterday but that's probably a testing or timing issue.

Calcium 450 -- I always dose equal two parts so I let this drift where it wants.

Magnesium ~ 1650 - woops I guess I'll stop adding it weekly and let it drift down.

I've also started adding 25ml/gallon of vinegar to my topoff Kalk mixture to increase the potency and save me $$ and this might be the reason Alk is rising.

Here's the coral. It was a very nice purple with green outlines around the polyps. It looks to have stopped losing skin, for now.