View Single Post
Unread 04/06/2011, 09:42 AM   #5
BonsaiNut
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoj View Post
Thanks for posting. Please keep us updated on this thread. I'm hoping that we get more feedback as this is an important topic for anemone growers.
There are already a couple of LED threads here. Bottom line - if you use the right LEDs with high enough intensity, you can keep anemones.

Eventually ALL aquarium lighting will be LEDs (as will all household lighting). They just aren't quite there yet in terms of intensity and price. Good news is they keep getting brighter (i.e. more efficient at generating light), higher power, and lower cost. Because LED's are based on an electronic technology platform, they are following a similar improvement curve as microprocessors and memory. Right now LED prices are falling 50% every three years. In ten years you'll have a hard time remembering what incandescent and flourescent bulbs were - just like today you can't GIVE a CRT computer screen away.