View Single Post
Unread 04/25/2012, 04:43 AM   #108
Kharn
MANTISMAN

Although I would of liked to of got more done I was unable to do so due to bad timings... having said that I have managed to paint 6 of the 8 tanks the 6 tanks painted are for STAND A & B leaving just the 2 tanks on STAND C to be done.

In order to get a nice uniform coat of paint over the sides I desired (specifically the side which has a bulk head) I left the bulk heads in place and just painted over and around them, once the paint has dried after a couple of days I'll use a scalp and cut around the rim of the Bulk heads to get them off without peeling up the paint or taring a chunk of paint off in the process.

For some weird reason I keep buying things that I don't require RITE NOW lol for my current stage of the project xD and I after I realize it and the time I wasted going to the store to get it...At least there not wasted purchases, since it will all be used inevitably.

Painted tanks down the left (minus the 2 for STAND C) with the stands to be painted on the right.

STAND A top tank in view

Top Left tank is the Bottom tank for STAND A whilst the Top Right tank is the Middle tank for STAND A. Bottom Left tank is the Top tank for STAND B and the Bottom Left tank is the Middle tank for STAND B.

I ran out of paint on the 6 tanks had 1L lol...