View Single Post
Unread 05/06/2012, 03:57 AM   #116
Kharn
MANTISMAN

Progress =D

All the tanks and all the stands are now completely painted!

Things left too do:

Get Styrofoam sheets cut to the under side of each tank to place beneath each tank (on top of the thin ply wood sheets I have, the ply will rest on the steel frame).

Some 5-10mm thick planks of wood to act as hoods on hinges to go above each tank and the stainless steel hinges to go with them.

Some rubber feet which I inted to cut from a big sheet of rubber that we got laying around at work, its about 10mm thick and these squares will sit under the feet of each stand to help even it out.

As far as hanging the lights go, I just intend to use hooks that will slot into the eye holes already on the LED's because the LED's are so light there shouldn't be a problem with weight.

Also more importantly rite now, I need to get the Poly Fittings required to connect each tank within there stand along with the Poly Fittings to make the DIY difusers that will be running in STAND A & B.

After all that (pritty sure I covered whats left) .... =) Substrate + Live Rock + Water, then let it cycle!

More to come =D