View Single Post
Unread 11/27/2017, 04:20 PM   #43
illest
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dubbs View Post
Thoughts on livestock:

Contemplating a pistol shrimp/goby combo, they were really fun to watch in my last tank and having them in here would be nice.

I am still thinking of going with a cool colored pair of clownfish. I really like the snowflake/black ice or gladiator colorations of clowns.

If I do get clowns, what is everyone's opinions on anemones for them?
Are they too much trouble?
Will they push out all the corals and grow too big?
Am I better off just getting a LPS coral that will act the same way for the clowns?

Mandarin Dragonettes used to be pretty much impossible to keep but my LFS has a few that are eating frozen mysis. Are they possible to keep if that is the case?
Tanks looking good so far! I recently started a new tank, a Nuvo 20.
I had a candy-cane pistol shrimp/black-ray goby combo in my Nuvo 40. The second day The Goby was no where to be found and the pistol shrimp had a huge maze with openings under everyone of my rocks. I never saw the pistol shrimp unless I shined a light into one of the holes. I always heard him though!

For my nuvo 20 I ended up getting a sweet deal ($15) for a Grade A Davinci at petco! This black friday I also picked up a nice $30 snowflake & they get along great!

I contemplated making the tank an anemone/clown only tank but decided I wanted to pack it full of LPS and SPS. I don't really care to mix anemones and other coral after having a large green bubble tip walk all over everything in my Nuvo 40. I've also read too many horror stories of them walking into powerheads!

As for a mandarin I'd say wait until you have a large and healthy population of pods (in 6 months to a year) even if the LFS says its eating frozen.

illest is offline   Reply With Quote