Thread: Weeds
View Single Post
Unread 06/22/2018, 08:52 PM   #50
mndfreeze
Invert Sexy Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hoaster View Post
I don't consider it a hijack at all. I love discussing this stuff! You're the only other person I know who's used that mud, so it's good to compare notes. As you said, maybe the bacteria associated with the mud is outcompeting your macros. Or it could have just coincided with your tank maturing, and system nutrient levels dropped below what the macros need.

GCE is Gulf Coast Ecosystems, live-plantsdotcom. Their live sand is the real deal, with actual worms 'n stuff.

Thanks for tagging along, mndfreeze!
Ok awesome, I'm familiar with live-plants but didn't make the connection. I was originally going to order a different macro through them when I noticed florida pets had the ulva as I was placing a pod order. I'm definitely considering removing the mud for that sand then as I don't think that little breeder turned fuge is quite right for it. My other line of thinking was to find a small bright light I could aim at JUST the side with the ulva, as it seems the bacteria doesn't really bubble and film up badly when the lights are off. The grow light it came with is a little LED bar that is designed to light the entire thing. I'd need a small directional LED bulb. I hate being so limited in space and choice with a 24G AIO tank, especially a super super old one (aquapod). I can't wait until I can start building a proper full system with a real fuge. The fuge is more fun and neat than the tank most of the time haha. More weird stuff there.

mndfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote