View Single Post
Unread 02/17/2011, 05:00 PM   #87
Floyd R Turbo
Either busy or sleeping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova101 View Post
Also to anyone with an open screen version(like in Srusso's picks) vs those scrubbers enclosed in acrylic boxes, how much do you have to deal with salt creep and/or spray. Do you have to worry about a glogged outlet creating a jet which then sprays all over the inside of your cabinet?
By the end of the week on mine, there is some squirting, in fact you can hear it when you open the cabinet. That's because of the cross-cuts that I made (rudimentary slot tube, done with a dremel - haven't had time to replace it). Also the slot is just a hair longer than the screen, and I put a cross-cut too close to the end. The crosscuts actually promote algae growth into the tube IMO so as it grows into it, the volume of water gets pushed to the end of the tube, that's always where the squirting is on mine.

If you're concerned, then find the plastic sheet like I posted the picture of and punch holes it in, and fit it so that it 'hugs' your screen at the top. This will block the light from the screen at the top, preventing the growth into the tube, and reducing the potential for squirting.

--> POSTS #3251-64 (Basics), #5206 (Cleaning), #6884 (LEDs), #729
Floyd R Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote