View Single Post
Unread 10/06/2015, 01:18 PM   #125
Cabo2008
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeftub View Post
How long have you had it and is it dc pump?
Sorry, not sure how I missed your question, guess I need to open my eyes a little better...lol

Anyway, I've had it since July. I ended up taking it apart and giving the pump/impeller a vinegar bath. After cleaning, I reassembled and tried to fire it up in a bucket of RO/DI (wasn't going to re-install it in the sump yet). The impeller still didn't move but the controller was lighting up.

Sent it all over to Aquacave, they "repaired" it and sent it back. I tested it, and now it works like a champ again. They didn't tell me what was wrong with it so I sent them a note asking about it. They replied stating that the impeller was seized in the pump from build up and that I should clean the pump in vinegar/water every 2-3 months.

While I agree with the cleaning schedule, it doesn't make sense as I did clean it prior to opening a ticket with them and it didn't help. So I don't know, I guess I'll just have to wait and see.