View Single Post
Unread 08/28/2016, 02:10 PM   #37
BigDave
Registered Member

The wife gave me all day Saturday to myself to work in the garage. I was able to finish building the box for the controller. I also got the new pump installed. I'm running the pump at 90% to get enough flow for all the equipment and still have good flow through the tank.

My equipment that I'm running off of it are:

Chiller
Protein Skimmer
Carbon Reactor
CA Reactor

The first two devices take quite a bit of flow to run efficiently, which is why I'm probably having to run the pump so high.

The new pump is significantly quieter than the old huge one, although I do notice that it's a little louder the second day. We'll see what it sounds like in a week.

With everything still in the garage, it looks like it's taking about 4 hours for the tank to raise one degree and set off the chiller. Then the chiller runs about 2 hours to chill the tank back down one degree. I'm thinking about changing this to a half degree swing. Once inside, I think it will probably swing a lot slower due to the house temperature being significantly less than what the garage currently is (August in Texas).

Anyways, here's a few pictures

The controller as it sits now. Still need to glue it and paint it, but wanted to test first

new plumbing. Still missing the wavemaker and second pump

BigDave is offline   Reply With Quote