View Single Post
Unread 08/09/2017, 09:32 PM   #3
Punchanello
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienpbuckley View Post
Following. Love the German tech theme and congrats - I wish I'd done the same. I got sucked into the Ecotech hype and it's been interesting to say the least.

I have a Tunze Stream 3 waiting to unbox! Hoping to get to it an do a review this weekend.

If you're sticking German, you could go Tunze Silence for your return. Have you looked at the Tunze controller? - seeing as the rest of your gear is Tunze.

Your images aren't working btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I plan to give the Tunze controller a look.

The Tunze silence was the return I was looking at but I've found it difficult to get reliable feedback on return pumps generally. I'd like to have slow circulation through the sump. There's plenty of movement in the DT. I been recommended the eheim 3500 lt hr universal model but I'm not sure if it is noisy or not. The Tunze (3500 lt hr) is obviously very quiet but I haven't been able to gauge it from a reliability/capacity to pump water through the return and manifold perspective. It's one of the two but I'm happy to get recommendations.

I thought about the Ecotech M1 also but again, mixed feedback and it's a little bit more fiddly in regards to using a controller other than the Apex.

My tank build: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2647315
Punchanello is offline   Reply With Quote