View Single Post
Unread 01/04/2018, 07:56 AM   #5
GatorKev
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer1475 View Post
problem is though, no one reads them! If they did we wouldn't have to repeat the same answer to the same question that is already answered in the stickies.

Not complaining, just find having so many stickies makes it a bit confusing.
I know myself, and probably many people, do read the stickies and even do searches but, in my experience with forums in general, sometimes the information that comes up seems a few years old if not older. Many things change in short amounts of time due to new equipment, items, and knowledge learned. When we look at a sticky or thread that is a few years old we wonder if it is the most up to date information out there so sometimes we re-ask the same questions to reassure ourselves that we are using the best or newest information to help be successful (revive old thread or start a new one on same topic... Hmmm). I myself do cherish the stickies and search feature for the wisdom and time given of those who have gone before us but will probably still ask some repetitive questions from time to time. Plus where would the fun be if we didn't ask those repetitive questions so others can chime in and give their help? That is what makes a forum, discussion.... Thanks for the great site you guys have provided to help us out. I appreciate all of your help, even if we are a little annoying sometimes!

GatorKev is offline   Reply With Quote