View Single Post
Unread 05/08/2012, 11:57 AM   #69
SoLiD
-=Snake=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedRed View Post
I have one of these. I like it a lot.

I personally think LEDs are better paired with T5 than MH. MH will drown out the light the LED's put out and the extra par won't be as noticeable to the naked eye, but may cook your corals.

IMO, I'd use T5's to supplement the color rendition and actual color of the corals. You'll get most of the benefits of using LED with a boost in the color department.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirreal63 View Post
I would definitely agree with this, I use LED's to help balance out the color of 10K Ushio's, and it is true they are overpowered by the 10K's, but the goal was to get a little actintic pop and they do that very well. My favorite color was the 10K and VHO actintic and the 445nm LED's come pretty close to that color, but not exact. I will probably end up adding a few more 445's to the mix to get the color, but they do help with fluorescence. T5's are a little more subdued so the LED's would shine there.

I hope the Vega ends up being a better (more versatile) fixture than the Radion, if it comes in at a better price than it will be a win/win.
I plan on shutting off all of the whites coming from the LED's. The MH will be all the white I need for those 4 hours. What about using the Switchable Lumatek Ballasts? Any opinions on those?

Current Tank Info: Where you'll find an Acan and Orange Ricordea Garden in Bloom...
SoLiD is offline   Reply With Quote