View Single Post
Unread 12/08/2011, 08:41 PM   #9
kgross
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy K View Post
Not to try to oversimplify here, but would it then be reasonable to suggest constantly having a polyfilter pad in the sump, or at least running one every regular interval (weekly, monthly, etc.)? I mean, if we are constantly releasing inorganic copper by doing large water changes (as some of us do), or with 2 part additives, why not just run a polyfilter pad in the sump either all the time, or when doing such additions?

I am asking because I recently had an RTN event of 6 of my SPS corals, and I am looking for explanations. I wondered if copper might have somehow played a role...

Does running polyfilter have negative effects on the tank such as removing necessary trace elements?
This is something I suggest to all of my customers. I have had many customers with problems with heavy metal poisoning from one source or another so suggest polyfilters as a good insurance policy.

Now from my experience copper poisoning or some other heavy metal poisoning seems to effect snails first. If your snails start getting lethargic and dieing for no apparent reason. Get a poly filter and keep it in your system.

America will only be the Land of the Free as long as it is the Home of the Brave.

Current Tank Info: AGA 180gallon tank, VHO/MH lighting, DSB, calcium reactor, Also a 7 Gallon Nano softy tank, and a 32 gallon cube
kgross is offline   Reply With Quote