View Single Post
Unread 07/28/2010, 08:08 AM   #2
g8gxp
Registered Member

well there's alot of variation depending on how the light is built, but on my own personal build i just finished taking about 100 measurements at varying output levels. i haven't figured out a way to post my numbers in a non-confusing way but at the outer edge of the LED's cone of light I took several measurements at 31" and 65% output (light intensity) and got readings between 156 and 242. I'm pretty sure the variation in my numbers is because my sensor placement was not at a consistent width (i.e. left side of the tank the sensor might have been placed at 2" away from the front glass versus 2.5" on the right side).

I couldn't measure directly under center because of my rock placement but based on my middle of tank measurements I would estimate the numbers would be about 75% more than the outer number.

Again, this is just my personal build, i can't speak for the masses. But my OWN personal thoughts (again, just speaking from my own build - don't want to anger the mh gods) are that i have no qualms about keeping sps at any level in my tank.