View Single Post
Unread 06/18/2012, 01:37 AM   #1965
terri_ann
Registered Member

Update:

I have dosed AF 18 times with no problems that I know of. Snails, 3 BTA's and 2 clowns, 2 tangs, filefish, mandarin & lawnmower goby, coral beauty, 5 chromis and a hawkfish. I recently lost the Valentini puffer but I do NOT attribute it to the AF. I am dosing vinegar and using kalk at 2 teaspoons/gallon topoff water. There are shrooms, ricordia's, a few zoa's, 2 leathers and a hammer in the tank. I recently began dosing Bioptim.

The HA was on all my rock. The difficult parts are: impossible to remove it within the rocks' cracks and crevices, nitrates are at or above 50ppm and there's cyano. I believe the die off of the HA increases the nitrates which just refuels the remaining, live HA and the cyano. I purchased more snails and crabs but haven't been able to add them to the tank with the nitrates so high. It took a long time for the HA to grow so it's going to take alot longer time to get rid of all of it.

Today I am going to remove all the rock and sand. I bought a small wire brush and am going to brush the heck out of the rock to remove as much algae and cyano as possible. I will do a 60-70g water change too. I will use the old tank water to brush the rocks in and then will rinse them in new SW before putting them back in the DT. I am going to go barebottom at least until the cyano, HA and nitrates are gone. I think this is the only way that I will see improvement, unfortunately

Current Tank Info: 180g mixed 40B Anemone 5' raceway frag tank
terri_ann is offline   Reply With Quote