View Single Post
Unread 10/01/2017, 05:23 PM   #37
studboy36
Registered Member

After giving my design some thought over the weekend. I've decided to simplify things. I already have a Synergy Reef CL-34 sump brand new in the box. The Mini200 fits easily in the skimmer compartment. I can design a cover for it to minimize evaporation/salt creep. The RD3 80w will fit in the return compartment. I'll have to enlarge the hole to accept a 1" bulkhead for the return. The sump will hold about 25 gallons. I'm going to design a refugium that will feed into the sump sock compartment using the existing 1.5" bulk heads on the sump. It's not going to kill me to change socks once in a while. I'll just get a box of them. I can still create brackets for the pump controllers and attach them to the existing sump.

There's plenty of room for a refugium 15x18x18 that can sit next to the sump. Ill be in the range of 10-20% of the DT. I've always been fascinated by refugiums. I'll either sell the rollermat or save it for my Percula Clownfish tank for my office. I've decided to go either Triton "other methods" or Aquaforest because I'll be running a calcium reactor. I'm going to upgrade my apex to the 2016 model for future use of the Trident when it's released probably later next year.

I think simplicity would be the best approach.

Current Tank Info: 187 60"x30"x24" system in process

Last edited by studboy36; 10/01/2017 at 05:32 PM.
studboy36 is offline   Reply With Quote