View Single Post
Unread 12/01/2016, 10:10 PM   #21
jason2459
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltus View Post
Gotcha...I also noticed in the metro you gave a pretty heftier dose than what others had done. Was there any bounce-back after the dosing was over (or attempt at the dino) to bounce back?

I have ordered a bottle of Vibrant. I am curious, but don't want to jump into using it. I have thoughts regarding something, but I am not a biologist and not nearly as versed as some who are already using it. I am curious as if it will be a product that needs to be added to long-term use (to continue results absent a change in the tank environment/ecosystem) vs just using it to clear a problem quickly.

I appreciate your time on this...and the videos are cool.

Yes, I went more aggressive with the metro taking notes of twillards dosing and progress showing it was necessary and needed for more then 3 days. I noticed some at the end and a bit afterwards but not anywhere near the numbers previous. However, recently I've found I believe only 1 in many samples taken and that was back in September according to my notes. Pretty impressive. But only seems to have effected that one larger type. I belive to be a variety of Alexandrium genus.

I doubt it's completely gone. I would be surprised if it is.

Same with this product. I highly doubt that even if it could fight back all forms of dinoflagelets and other nuisances that they could not come back or be in the tank somewhere. I would assume one would have to do some maintenance dose long term if they wanted. Its really not that bad cost wise for doing something like that if effective.

Personally, I have no plans to continue dosing this in the long run. Only doing this out of curiosity and entertainment and hope others get something from it.

You can check out my parameters at reeftronics dot net website and look for my username.

Current Tank Info: 180g mixed reef w/ a beananimal overflow to a dolomite RRUGF. | 20g long G. Smithii Mantis Tank
jason2459 is offline   Reply With Quote