Thread: CO2 scrubber
View Single Post
Unread 08/18/2010, 09:38 PM   #22
tmz
ReefKeeping Mag staff

Update:

I've been running the scrubber for 9 days with about 3.5 inches of soda lime for the air to pass through. This is a relatively small amount . I am also running it on one of the two skimmers in play. The second one continues to pump in room air with room CO2 levels.

Ph rose within hours and has remained .1+ higher consistently. From a range of 7.90 to 8.04 pre scrubbing to a range of 8.02 to 8.16 post scrubbing. ( I note my ph daily as part of my routine so went back several weeks to establish teh baseline)I plan to add a scrubber to the other skimmer within the next few days.Folks using them on smaller systems with only one skimmer have reported jumps of .3. The media is still working and there is only very minimal purpling( indicative of exhaustion) in several small splotches.

Current Tank Info: Tank of the Month , November 2011 : 600gal integrated system: 3 display tanks (120 g, 90g, 89g),several frag/grow out tanks, macroalgae refugia, cryptic zones. 40+ fish, seahorses, sps,lps,leathers, zoanthidae and non photosynthetic corals.
tmz is offline   Reply With Quote