View Single Post
Unread 01/05/2015, 06:56 PM   #266
rcmania
Im So Confused!

I have had my SOL blues for over a year now and it didnt start out to good. I to started out way to high. The end result was dead SPS. I think the light settings and lack of doser both had a role but dead is dead. I had one purple cap that was trying to hang on for dear life. I lost birds nest, acros and montis. My peak settings where at 60w 70rb 75b

So I decided to do some more research and step back and punt. I turned my lights down to 30w 40b and 40rb. I bought a duncan and a small colony of zoas. After a month of having these two corals i finally got my dosing cable in for my profilux. I was able to set it up and keep my levels in check. I also noticed my purple cap making improvements. Growing off the plug and onto the rock. I decided to pick up a few more SPS and made a frag rack attached to a mag float. I also increased my lights up 5 every week. Now my peak setting is 40w 50rb 55b. I also decided to not increase it anymore but rather increase the time at the peak setting. I had it set for when it peaked out, it would start to ramp down. So now instead of increasing it 5, I add 5 minutes to the peak. Now after just over a month of this. all my SPS have shown growth. I had also lost another SPS that, not sure the name of it but it went from dead to very much alive and ended up being one of my favorites. So if any of you know the name, please let me know. I have also started dosing Fuel so you will see color improvements also.

Here are some before and afters with the date
Sept 9

Dec 23

Dec 10

Jan 4

Dec 13

Jan 4

Now this is the one im not sure what it is. But you can see the dark green, which is algae. almost the entire coral was covered in algea.
Dec 15

Dec 23

Jan 4

Current Tank Info: 220G Tall DSB SPS DT/3 Sol Blue/ 75 Gallon Sump in basement with Reeflo return/ 2 Mp40W/ Profilux Controller. 65G QT
rcmania is offline   Reply With Quote