View Single Post
Unread 01/14/2019, 01:04 PM   #1
FSJGUY
Registered Member.

Leather corals and stony corals.. Also a stony is turning brown...

This is a list of corals i have in my tank.

Purple Monti cap plating
Purple Encrusting Monti
2x chalice corals diff colors
Yellow poritas
Reverse superman montipora encrusting
Jackolanturn leptoseris
Frogskin Acropora
Purple Bonsai Acropora
4 diff type of Zoas
2x Bubble coral
Torch coral
Hammer coral
2x Brain corals. Not sure the exact names of them

The corals in question are

Green Tree Nepthea
Purple Cespitularia
Neon Green Cabbage coral.

Now i love these 3 corals... But i read leathers can release toxins and kills my stony corals.. and i have a ton of stony corals as you can see. Is the Purple Cespitularia even a leather ? Not sure if it releases toxins or not..

Should i take these put or ? I mean So far ive noticed no die offs in my tank. Although a Green Planet acro melted in 24 hrs but that was put into a 30g tank with no corals i auspect the shock of tank transfer or something just caused stn which sucked. All my corals seem to be growing.

the only coral i really have an issue with is my Yellow poritas.. Slowely its been turning from bright yellow to brown.. Half the coral is brown and im not sure why.. Any ideas ? Was a faily expensive coral and its a decent size about 4 inchs in diameter..

Any help would be appritiated..

As for tank readings.. temps are 78-80, salinity 1.025, calcium 480, alk is 11, ph 8.2, nitrates 5ppm. phosphates .15. Lighting is 4x24w T5HO 2x Blue plus ati. 1 purple plus and 1 coral plus all ati bulbs.

The yellow poritas is mid way in the center of my tank and has high to medium flow from a powerhead... I thought maybe the brown is algae ? but cleaning it with a tooth brush only works a little i think its turning brown inside.

So if you can help with this coral and if i should keep the leathers i have or no ? I have a 30g tank with no corals in it but id prefer to keep them in here.. I dunno

FSJGUY is offline   Reply With Quote