View Single Post
Unread 04/24/2012, 06:11 PM   #2233
snorvich
Team RC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelrn98 View Post
I have a 300g (96x24x31) with a 75g sump and 55g fuge which I transfered contents of my previous 110g and 120g. I have nearly 300lbs of LR and have transfered the following fish:

1 coral beauty (excellent reef fish, have had him for 4 years)

2 spotted cardinal fish (not crazy about them personally, but I have had then for many years and they have been real troopers)

1 ocellaris clown

1 red elongated dottyback (stays in rocks mostly until feeding time, excellent, hardy fish, beautiful colors)

1 blue damselfish (I know they can be awful, but I have had this one for 6+ years and he has been a good community member)

What I would like to have, though I can probably not have them all........would like constructive reasoning to narrow my list a bit or alternatives to my list. I am not crazy about having tangs that take up 1/4 of the tank. I would rather have numerous smaller fish personally. Though my man really wants a yellow belly regal tang.

Here's my working list (in addition to my fish above):

flame angel given an established dwarf angel, there will be chasing but if you add after lights out that should subside over a couple of days

mystery wrasse can be tough on shrimp and similar wrasses

yellow watchman goby and shrimp pair

midas blenny

2 firefish (nemateleotris magnifica) (how do you know male from female?) I wish I knew. I always try to pick two that are hanging out together but my hit ratio is about 50%

yellow belly hippo tang can be a very aggressive fish once mature; I do not recommend

schooling bannerfish x 3 (henichus diphreutes)

resplendent anthias (7-9?)

red mandarin (after a year or so)

yellow tang x 3 well, it may work, but these would have to be added concurrently and last

white tail bristletooth tang or two spot bristletooth tang

orange spotted blenny (blenniella chrysospilos)

achilles tang and/or mimic lemon peel tang Achilles need long tanks with lots of flow but an 8 foot tank should work with good flow

magnificant foxface

any input will be greatly appreciated as well as suggestions as to what order to add these fish.

I really need help deciding which order to add them. I was thinking I should add the flame angel sooner than later before the coral beauty gets to settled into the new tank. This tank will be a mixed reef tank with inverts.
If you plan on shrimp, I would avoid the mystery wrasse; remember that dwarf angels are not safe with meaty LPS corals. Your plan sounds a bit busy with largish fish with possible aggression among tangs.