View Single Post
Unread 05/22/2012, 12:09 AM   #125
danfeig
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldReef View Post
If they heated the PVC to make those 'flex' connections, that's a first I have seen and it's very impressive.

Being a backseat driver here, in the photo of the sump in place, it appears that the filter sock holder sits flush to the top of the sump. I would be very concerned that if a filter sock clogs up, the water will overflow out the top of the sock, across the filter sock holder and over the side of the sump.

In my experience the filter sock holder should be an inch or 2 below the sides of the sump to avoid such a situation.

If i interpreted this photo wrong, I apologize for critiquing your project -- It's an impressive project that I am enjoying watch develop.
BigOldReef - thanks for the comments about the filter socks. I had the same concerns when the sump was designed. Because I will be running the water level of the sump several inches below the top, it wasn't necessary to lower the filter socks. If they were to clog, they still have several inches of "breathing room." Additionally, I am plenty anal about cleanliness and will probably be changing out the socks too often. The heated pvc deal was pretty cool!

Thanks for following along!

Dan

danfeig is offline   Reply With Quote