View Single Post
Unread 07/17/2017, 01:16 PM   #20
gcarroll
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biecacka View Post
Greg, I too like the ati hybrid! But for now I am sticking with my 400 watt radium and I love it.
I dont have quite the heat here in Ohio that you have out west though.
In your list of potential options, I dont see the reefbreeders LED's, any particular reason. Many ppl seem to like them and the fact the diodes are spread out is a nice feature.

Corey
The Geisemann Spectra is what I'm looking at for MH. I prefer the 250w Radion over the 400w version. I've used both and just prefer the way the corals responded and PAR is pretty close on them. I'm pretty burned out on MH though and just wanted to try something new.

When I lived in Corona, I ran 3 - 400w MH without a chiller so I don't think I will have much issue with heat as it is much cooler in the OC.

I did not consider Reef Breeders as I prefer to stick with larger established companies. Reef Breeders has a lot of followers but i't really am not a fan. I prefer LEDs that have a path to upgrade and GHL and Ecotech have shown that their lights have had this ability.

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Be wary of advice coming from those who will not show you the fruits of their success!

Current Tank Info: building: 250g AGE Euro tank, Abyzz A200, Vertex Supra-G filtration, Ecotech Radion Pro LEDs, ...
gcarroll is offline   Reply With Quote