View Single Post
Unread 11/05/2017, 07:03 AM   #13
shaginwagon13
Chartered Accountant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozorowsky View Post
Ive heard two sides to this. Ive heard you can eliminate ich and ive heard you can manage it with a healthy tank. Idon't know which way to believe anymore.

That's the reason i posted this here. Wondering if in alarger tank things will be more ocean like than a smaller tank and ich will be less of an issue
I agree, it is super confusing. But those that claim they have cured Ich completely from their tanks, I have also read a lot that Ich sometimes hides out in the gills of the fish; out of sight. So unless the person took the fish out and took samples, I doubt they would even really know.

IMO all pet environments are not 100% comfortable for the species. I mean millions of years in the ocean, even with tank bred fish, still it’s not the natural environment it’s genetically adapted to. I think that this alone adds even the slightest amount of stress to the fish just simply not being in their natural environment. I’m sure larger tanks might be ‘better’ in the sense that it’s a little harder to have water parameters go off, compared to smaller water volume tanks. The more stable the tank is, that imo lessens the stress in the fish in itself.

Current Tank Info: 550 Gallon SPS Reef l 200 Gallon Sump l Skimmer: Vertex Alpha 250 l Return Pump: Reeflo Hammerhead l Tank Circulation: (2) Maxspect Gyre XF280 l Lighting: (3) 400w Halides & (3) AI Hydra 52 HD
shaginwagon13 is offline   Reply With Quote