View Single Post
Unread 03/21/2008, 08:52 AM   #116
MeuserReef
Welcome to the next level

UPDATE:

STRUCTURE:
Over the past 2 days I have made my way into work a few hours early to work on my stand. I was able to borrow a metal chop saw from our diesel mechanic and it made all the difference in the world! I had to make over 30 cuts (some 90°, some 45°) to get to where I am at now.

Here was my cut list that I followed:

This is what I ended up with:
(SketchUp view)

(Actual view)

I took the opportunity to play around with some of the scraps that I had left to get an idea of how the welder was going to behave. As posted earlier, Im not a professional welder so I was a little nervous that my welds would not be a.) Pretty , or (more importantly) b.) Strong.

Here are my results (these are practice welds on scrap material)

My "not-so-pretty" practice weld:

After grinding smooth:

I probably wont be able to weld all of the pieces into a stand until next Saturday (at the earliest). Im still a good 4-6 months away from my upgrade so I have some time

EXTERIOR COATING:
I have also been looking around quite a bit at the options that I have for the Truck Bed Liner that I want to use as the outer coating. I have not yet gotten pricing for the LINE-X spray on liner, but the price of THIS STUFF is forcing me to consider it as an option.

Current Tank Info: tankless
MeuserReef is offline   Reply With Quote