View Single Post
Unread 07/21/2018, 10:33 AM   #116
Johnseye
Reef Addict

It's been a while since I've posted any pictures of coral growth. If you refer back to post 54 you can see my last photos and compare to where things are now. It was time for some major trimming as I found certain corals restricting flow and others restricting light. I thought it would be a good time for some pictures before the trimming was done. I ended up pulling out a few colonies as I am planning on adding some new coral.

Overall growth has been good. Polyp extension is hit or miss. Some colonies are better than others and some days are better than others. This is something I need to work on.

I've had a couple colonies that were doing great, completely die within a matter of a day or two.

Some challenges have been keeping the CaRx completely stable. This is mostly due to not being as diligent in monitoring alk, calc and mag since a CaRx doesn't need constant maintenance like dosing. I've also run into minor issues with the PacSun reactor. One of which I've been dealing with over the past couple days. Sediment can build up as the media breaks down, clouding the water, creating a film and causing issue with the sensor.

In the fish realm I added a beautiful Regal Angel only to have my PBT kill it. It took a couple attempts to get a Regal that made it through QT. Acclimating it in the new tank was a problem because of the PBT. I tried many different methods. Ultimately the PBT was relentless. I've been prepping another tank to pull the PBT out so I can begin introducing other fish. Provided I can catch him, I should finally be able to introduce new fish in the next month or two.

New 260g build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2557715

Current Tank Info: 260g reef, Giesemann Spectra MH/T5/Kessil A160, Dastaco CaRx, Vortechs, Lifereef skimmer, Red Dragon 3, Apex, Genesis, Angles, Tang, Trigger, Clowns, Anthias, Wrasses, Cardinals, SPS, LPS
Johnseye is offline   Reply With Quote