View Single Post
Unread 01/04/2018, 11:03 PM   #83
saf1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam.basye View Post
What lights do you have? Blast them with light and they don’t move. Lol that and they need a big enough area for the foot to attach. That’s why mine moved recently.
Currently over the 40 breeder I have a pair of Borealis Luxeon Z Arrays and they are too much. I have them about 18" above the waterline and also running no more than 70% on a couple of the channels. They don't make them anymore probably due to the complaints they received about too many lime emitters. I personally like them and dial in the spectrum with my controller. They are, if I remember correctly:

Channel 1 (1000mA max) - 5 Neutral White
Channel 2 (1000mA max) - 6 Royal Blue + 5 Blue
Channel 3 (700mA max) - 12 Lime
Channel 4 (700mA max) - 5 Violet UV + 4 Deep Red (660nm)

With my 240 gallon upgrade, still in progress although in the house finally, I am again going with a multi channel single Luxeon array from Blue Acro. I've built 4 of them and this channel lay out is:

Channel 1: 4x Royal Blue, 1x Warm White
Channel 2: 2x Royal Blue, 1x 425nm Violet, 1x 415nm Violet
Channel 3: 1x Lime, 1x Warm White, 1x Royal Blue, 1x Neutral White
Channel 4: 1x Blue, 1x Royal Blue, 1x Cyan

I believe it will be enough, or more than enough, light. Intensity and spectrum will be controlled via a controller. Today I use a ReefAngel which is working perfectly fine. However, I picked up a Apex on one of the sales so will migrate everything over.

Quote:
I hand caught the clown. Lol Scooped it right up - I can’t tell you how much more I like this clown than the two a**hole clowns I had prior!
This made me giggle, thanks. Honestly, I often wonder why I have any clowns at all. Everyone I have owned they are all real pieces of work. Constantly attacking me like they own the bloody tank. Who would have thought something so tiny packed a mean bite. I have a pair that run amuck between my rose bubble tips - cool to watch, my nephew loves them, but while I'll move them to the new tank I won't be putting anymore in. That is for sure.

Everything looks good - again, thanks for sharing and posting. Always enjoy reading.

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon mixed reef
saf1 is offline   Reply With Quote