View Single Post
Unread 05/17/2010, 12:33 PM   #20
coralnut99
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brians4671 View Post
with our Ocalca National Forest you would think an officer would have better things to do.

My thinking is more in line with brians4671 on this one. Just think of the resources wasted to catch people just trading or swapping sw livestock. You would think those resources could be put to better use.

Roughly along the same line: A couple of year's ago, we were visiting my in-laws on Staten Island. I took my son out to spend a couple of hours fishing off of a newly-built fishing pier just nearby. Fish and game wardens came around to check coolers for under-size fish. I REALLY wanted to just tell him the problem's about 5 miles offshore dragging a net about 10 miles long, and he should get on a boat and go out and check their cooler.

Fl certainly has more than its' fair share of non-native wildlife issues, but in this particular case, it can just leave you scratching your head as to whether or not these people have any sense of priorities in how and when to enforce broadly and badly written regulations.

Just more tax dollars hard at work.

Current Tank Info: way too much to list, and still adding more!
coralnut99 is offline   Reply With Quote