View Single Post
Unread 08/23/2006, 04:10 PM   #110
duhfactor
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 999sterling
It seems it's always the equipment you expect to solve your problems that gets you. I lost my tank when I upgraded my lighting to a "new" used light fixture a few years ago. A support failed and the whole thing landed in the tank. Needless to say all breakers blew and I came home the following weekend to find that my reef was a glass box full of dead things in smelly water. What the power outage didn't kill I believe the metals in the fixture did. I've never seen or heard of anything in this hobby as bad as that feeling at that moment. If you want to give up the hobby...I wouldn't blame you. But remember what you'll be missing if you do. I've also never heard of anything so bad that it was better to never have had a reef. You'll never have a chance at a octopus hitch hiker if you don't first have a reef to put the rock in.

Good luck!!! and on the bright side....now you get to redesign and start with a clean tank, and lots more knowledge.
I just broke down my tank to move into my new house, and boy do I miss it....I also think you'll feel empty without it.....BTW 999sterling...where in utah do you live?

D

Current Tank Info: packed 75 gal reef
duhfactor is offline   Reply With Quote