View Single Post
Unread 11/29/2010, 05:53 PM   #25
JByer323
Registered Member

So as a total newbie, let me recap to make sure I'm following.

Figure out what the salinity of your dealer is, then match your QT tank to it before you get your new creature. Doesn't sound too hard, unless you're dealing with an online dealer, but I would think even then they would be able to tell you with a phone call. Upon arrival, as soon as you open the bag, toss your newest specimen into the QT tank.

Is the temperature difference between the bag water and the QT tank an issue? Should you float the bag for a half hour or so to get the temperatures matched before you open the bag?

Over the next day or so adjust the salinity of the QT tank so it matches your display tank. QT your critter for a month.

Am I following this all correctly? I'm going to go search it right now, but could I please get a little more details on what really constitutes a good Qt tank setup? Specific recommended filters would be amazing. Also you mention an observation tank for coral... could you please elaborate?

Thank you so much, this site is absolutely invaluable, and I don't even have a tank yet!

Current Tank Info: 28g JBJ Nano Cube LED