View Single Post
Unread 06/30/2012, 02:43 PM   #259
sweet ride
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noved View Post
quick question. I'm building a tank of my own and what I love most about yours is the rock work. How did you get your rock to balance on the bottom and what did you use to stick your rock together with.
I have to say though that yours is a front runner for my favorite, reasonable obtainable, reef tank that I feel I could aspire to. Thanks for the inspiration.
Personally, I liked the look of the tank better before you put in the T5s. I seemed more surreal to me. Still though, beautiful job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissman View Post
just an amazing looking tank! I am planning an upgrade and want to go the Peninsula route for my aquascaping. Can you tell me how you did the rock work?
Thanks for the kind words noved & kissman!!!!

The rock work were put together outside the aquarium and then pegged with an acrylic rod then moved back inside the aquarium no type of glue was used in the process. I just made sure the rocks are locked in to each other then drilled a hole that was just enough for the acrylic rods to go through.

noved, as per your comment about the MH vs T5 for the most part I do have to agree with you, it might just be some of my recent issues with the system or my corals are just larger now, but it seems that I used to get better growth and color with the MH.

Good luck to both of you on your current/future build!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gills 619 View Post
Hey man, this thread has been too quiet. Howz the tank doing? Love to feast my eyes on an update...please!
I know it’s been awhile…. been super busy with the new kid, and at work and I was just trying to make sure the system is somewhat alive. The next post would have a few random shots while I was doing water change.

sweet ride is offline   Reply With Quote