View Single Post
Unread 02/26/2015, 05:04 PM   #25
Duality
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardw771 View Post
So how many MP40s do you need for a gyre for 90 gallon tank?

Is the new Gyre mode the same as the long pulse mode?

Kinda the same question I was wounding. They did say it would take at least two on both side (so a totle of 4 mp40s) to get the gyre effect in a tank. But know with the new gyre mode on the ESL software update and QuiteDrivers are they now saying the gyre effect can be achieved by 1 mp40 on each side.
In my honest opinion ecotech should not be even trying to say that there pumps are good for a gyre effect. People buy vortechs for the controllability, the design, lack of heat transfer, and the service of ecotech that's what they need to be promoting again. Yes u can probably achieve a gyre effect with any vortech pump. Most likely the gyre did cut into the profits of the vortech line. So they thought they needed to compete but to me by them now stating that the pump can now do different things is the wrong way about trying to get sales back. Stuff like the new quite drivers and bringing out new products is the right way to get sales back.
I don't see why everyone is pro vortech or pro gyre pump. Both pumps are great at what they do.
Yes I had vortechs running on my current tank and now have none and have all guys pumps. But I could never get the flow I wanted at the peninsula end with out having the vortechs on the peninsula end. It drove me nuts to see the dry sides. So the gyre pumps worked better in my application.

Duality is offline   Reply With Quote