View Single Post
Unread 07/27/2017, 05:11 AM   #374
docwells
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefKeeper64 View Post
I'm using a Royal Exclusive Bubble King 180.

To start, I took the skimmer out of the dreambox, removed the skimmer cup, and then took a top down picture of the skimmer. Then I emailed the picture to my computer. I then used snagit to enlarge/reduce the photo to scale so that my printout would approximately match the actual length and width of the top down dimensions of the skimmer. I had to make a few printouts before I got this about right. Now I have a nice template to work with.

Next, I cut out the template and taped it to the cardboard cutout of the two lids. I would just make one cardboard cutout representing both the left and the right lids. Then I measured 2cm all around the skimmer cutout to provide clearance for lid removal.

You can tell from the pictures that I wanted my skimmer positioned over to the left so that I can see and access the DC skimmer controller easily. It also made some extra room in that compartment. You can center it just as well but this is what I did.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks for the help. That information was very helpful. I hope to work on it next week. I hope to install dreambox this weekend

Current Tank Info: 69 gallon AGE rimless starphire tank in progress...
docwells is offline   Reply With Quote