View Single Post
Unread 06/14/2013, 12:04 PM   #1
mwilliams62
Registered Member

Tiny bit of success….. FINALLY…

Tiny bit of success….. FINALLY…

Well as Jo aka SaltyJo puts it “If first you don't suceed....try try try”
Well I haven’t given up yet…
Here is my tiny bit and I mean very tiny..
Batch #15 had split hatchings like always… Hatched on two nights May 24th & 25th…. Had about 30 in total to hatch only for my stupidity and did not secure the airline tubing down and it had fallen out of the tank so only 2 had made it till one day I found one of the two stuck on the tubing do not know how that happened so now I only have 1 left from batch #15 and it is now 20dph but I do not see any head strips at all on it…
Now comes along Batch #16 also again a split hatch nights… I really hate that…. They ate about ¾ of the eggs so I had very little to hatch 4 hatched on June 4th and the other 4 to hatch on June 5th.. Well I am down to 5 left and I am afraid that one will go because he is a jumper… and he is very tiny compared to the others. He has popped up out of the water a couple of times.... and they are now 9dph..
What I do not understand is that the one left from batch 15 which is 11 days older is the same size as the larger ones from batch #16 and I still can’t see any head strips or markings at all..

So that is my tiny, tiny success story for now…
Awaiting for batch #17 to hatch and go news is that there is still a good amount of eggs left on the rock as of last night but they always seem to get thinned out by the time hatch night comes along.. Which will be on either the 3 nights 16th 17th or the 18th….

I really need to figure out how to get them to hatch on ONE Night.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

mwilliams62 is offline   Reply With Quote